Thursday, August 20, 2009

Got lectured.........

In the nicest way possible about needing to keep up my caloric intake yesterday during the Swallowing Clinic appointment. So today I decided to drink the Ensure I had bought just in case. All I can say is YUCK!!!! It's basically soy formula for adults. None the less I forced myself to drink it then promptly brushed my teeth afterwards. I've also discovered the next "side effect" of the radiation. My throat is raw and since I have 2 1/2 weeks left I'm guessing it is going to be painful before all is said and done. This is going to make my calorie intake even harder to do. I told the Speech Pathologist that there are many people that would pay good money for a diet plan that was absolutely guaranteed to produce results such as the one I'm on. If only there was a way to mimic the side effects without the actually radiation I could market it and make a bundle!

1 comment:

  1. The Ensure with fruit blended in is a bit more palatable. Also Ensure with ice cream....uhmmm good. (really) Experiment with flavors.

    ReplyDelete