Thursday, August 13, 2009

Almost halfway there!

I'm almost at the halfway point in my radiation treatments. I can't tell you how happy I will be not to have to drive to Westwood everyday! Unfortunately I've started losing my saliva which with the taste buds being gone really really sucks. I had no idea what saliva actually does before I started treatment. It helps break down food as you swallow. So now whenever I eat not only is the food unappetizing but it's also hard to swallow. I guess no more bread for me for awhile. I'll have to get used to a liquid diet. This is crazy to ask because it looks like no one reads this but does anyone have any really good smoothie recipes?



2 comments:

  1. hi,
    Some thing that I find pretty tasty is a container of yogurt three or four ice cubes and any fruit I have on hand. Just blend and enjoy. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mom,

    Thanks for the suggestion! I bought a big package of Yoplait fruit smooties from Costco. It actually comes in individual packets of frozen berries and yogurt cubes. You just dump it all into the blender, add a cup of milk and whip.

    Love you,
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete