Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Woo Hoo!!!!

I've finally done all my follow up appointments and it's good news all around. I saw my radiation oncologist and he said everything looks fine but I will have to have new MRI's done every 6 months to monitor the paragangliomas. I don't have to see him again for another 6 months. My Endocrinologist told me that I will not need the Radioactive Iodine treatment and I just have to see him every 3 months for follow ups. The Neuroendocrinologist said my abdominal MRI came back clear and best of all my ENT surgeon said everything looks good so he scheduled me for my vocal chord surgery..............this Friday! I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am. Of course those of you who know me knows that this is how this whole journey started out! I went to the doctor to fix my paralyzed vocal chord and of course he found the Thyroid cancer and Paraganglioma and those had to be dealt with before they would touch the vocal chords. I'm off to do the happy dance!



1 comment:

  1. Yo Sunshine: I've missed your Blogs. The story of "Poochie" is hilarious, but the best news of all is that prayers have been answered and your cancer is gone! I'm so happy for you, I can feel that you've suffered much. I pray also that you feel "sheltered safe within the arms of God" when you go for your surgery tomorrow; stay well, and keep us posted, in between your bouts of happy dancing, of course. TTFN

    ReplyDelete